NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Sponsor. The Sponsor of this Contest is Monsanto Company, 800 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63167 (the “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. This America’s Farmers Mom of the Year contest (the “Contest”) will accept nominations for a mother to be honored as “America’s Farmers Mom of the Year.” Any legal resident of the United States may nominate (the person submitting a nominating being referred to as the “Entrant”) any female (such eligible female being referred to as an “Eligible Mother”) who is a legal resident of the United States, at least 18 years of age and who (i) is a mother to one or more natural born or adopted persons or is the legal guardian of one or more persons and (ii) works on a farm within the United States that
1. grows at least 250 acres of corn, soybeans, cotton, vegetables and/or specialty crops (canola, sorghum, wheat or alfalfa); or
2. grows at least 40 acres of fruits and vegetables; or
3. raises at least 100 head of cattle or hogs; or
4. raises at least 50 head of sheep; or
5. raises at least 25 head of goats; or
6. raises at least 50 head of dairy cows; or
7. raises at least 20,000 poultry (broilers or layers).
A nominated Eligible Mother shall be referred to as “Nominated Mother.” Individuals in any of the following categories are not eligible to enter, be nominated or win: (a) directors, officers, employees or agents of Sponsor or their affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, professional advisers, advertising and promotional agencies other entities involved in this Contest and (b) individuals who are immediate family members of or who reside in the same household as any individual described above.
a. Entries will be accepted online at www.americasfarmers.com beginning on February 28, 2013 and ending on April 23, 2013. To nominate an Eligible Mother for the Contest, an Entrant must submit the Eligible Mother’s name, address of principal place of residence, telephone number and a short essay of 300 words or less explaining why the Eligible Mother should win this Contest, as well as the Entrant’s name, telephone number, birth date and address (such entry being an “Internet Entry”). In addition, Entrants who are under the age of 13 must provide the name of his or her parent or legal guardian, the nature of the relationship, and that person’s e-mail address. The parent or legal guardian will be sent an e-mail requesting that they consent to the child’s entry in the Contest, and the Entry shall only be valid if the parent or legal guardian provides such consent (and any Entry lacking such consent shall be void). Each potential Internet Entry must include all information requested. To be considered a qualifying entry for this Contest, a potential Internet Entry must be submitted between 12:00:00 am eastern time (“ET”) February 28, 2013 and 11:59:59pm ET April 23, 2013. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for this Contest. Entries received after the above date and time will not be accepted. All Internet Entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
b. Entries will also be accepted by mail. To enter the Contest by mail, an Entrant must print an entry form from www.americasfarmers.com, complete the entry form with the Eligible Mother’s name, address of principal place of residence, e-mail address (if any), telephone number and a short essay of 300 words or less explaining why the Eligible Mother should win this Contest, as well as the Entrant’s name, telephone number and address and submit it by mail to Osborn Barr, Attn: Nancy Hallahan, America’s Farmers Mom of the Year, 914 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63102 (each such entry being a “Mail-In Entry” and collectively with Internet Entries, “Entries”). If a Mail-In Entry is from a child under the age of 18, the Entry shall only be valid if it contains the written consent of the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian (and any Entry lacking such consent shall be void). Only one Mail-In Entry per envelope. Entries submitted by mail must be postmarked on or after February 28, 2013 and on or before April 23, 2013 and must be received by the Sponsor by April 25, 2013. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, postage due or misplaced entries.
c. Copyright Assignment. Each entrant (or, in the case of a minor child, the parent or Legal Guardian on behalf of the entrant) does hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, the entire right, title and interest in and to any essays submitted herein, including all copyrights created or to be created and any registrations and copyright applications related thereto and renewals and extensions thereof, and in and to all works based upon, derived from, or incorporating said essays, and waives any moral or similar rights he or she may have in respect of said essays. Each entrant further agrees to execute any and all documents necessary to secure to the Sponsor or to its assignee the rights herein assigned.
d. Entrants who are 13 or older but under the age of majority in their state of residence who enter the Contest online must have a parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter the Contest. Any such Entries shall only be submitted if the Entrant has his or her parent or legal guardian’s consent, and any such Entry so received shall be treated as if such parent or legal guardian has consented. If such an Entry was submitted without the consent of the Entrant’s parent or legal guardian or the parent or legal guardian later withdraws their consent, such Entry shall be void.
e. Entries may be completed by families, relatives, friends or an Eligible Mother herself. Entries that do not comply with the terms of the Contest will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or well being of any Entrant, or if it is determined the Entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Limit one Entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Entries in excess of limit are void. To be valid, each Entry must provide all information requested.
f. Entries will be divided into five regions (each a “Region”) as set forth below:
1. The Northeast region is comprised of entrants whose principal place of residence is in one of the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, West Virginia;
2. The Southeast region is comprised of entrants whose principal place of residence is in one of the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia;
3. The Midwest region is comprised of entrants whose principal place of residence is in one of the following states: Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin;
4. The Southwest region is comprised of entrants whose principal place of residence is in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Kansas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah;
5. The Northwest region is comprised of entrants whose principal place of residence is in one of the following states: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington, Wyoming.
4. Winner Selection.
a. On or about April 26, 2013, American Agri-Women and Sponsor (the “Judges”) will use the judging criteria outlined in these Official Rules to select one winning Nominated Mother from each Region from all eligible Entries received for such Region (each such winning Nominated Mother being a “Regional Winner”) (one winner per Region results in a total of five Regional Winners). Each Regional Winner will be the highest scoring Entry for the applicable Region as determined by the Judges based on the judging criteria. In the event of a tie in selecting a Regional Winner, each Nominating Mother’s who are the tying persons will split the applicable Regional Prize equally and will each be deemed a co-Regional Winner for the applicable Region. Decisions of the Judges, and Sponsor, if applicable, will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The Regional Prizes are not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of the Regional Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
b. After the five Regional Winners are selected, the short essay nominating each Regional Winner will be displayed at www.americasfarmers.com. Visitors of such website between May 1, 2013 and May 11, 2013 may vote, based on the judging criteria set forth in these Official Rules, on the person the voter believes should be awarded the Grand Prize. The Regional Winner receiving the highest number of votes in such online voting will receive the Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Winner”). In the event of a tie in selecting the Grand Prize winner through the online voting, the tying Regional Winners will be split the Grand Prize equally and will each be deemed a co-Grand Prize Winner. Decisions of the online voting, and Judges, if applicable, will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The Grand Prize is not transferable. No substitution or cash redemption of the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The National Winner will be announced on or about May 12, 2013.
c. Sponsor may designate certain entries as “honorable mention” entries (“Honorable Mention Entries”), and such Honorable Mention Entries may be promoted on Sponsor’s website. Honorable Mention Entrants will be chosen at the discretion of the Sponsor. No prize will be associated with the Honorable Mention Entries.
5. Selecting Winners/Judging Criteria. Entries will be judged and scored based upon the following criteria:
1. One-fourth of the score will be based upon the short essay’s contents regarding what makes the Nominated Mother special to her family and what attributes are especially appreciated above and beyond the daily tasks and responsibilities that mothers typically perform;
2. One-fourth of the score will be based upon the short essay’s contents regarding how the Nominated Mother plays an important role in the success of the family farm; and
3. One-fourth of the score will be based upon the short essay’s contents regarding how the Nominated Mother contributes to her community through involvement in agriculture organizations or support for other community activities.
4. One-fourth of the score will be based upon the short essay’s contents regarding how the Nominated Mother shares her passion for agriculture with others and helps educate consumers about agriculture.
Online voting will occur beginning at 12:01am ET May 1, 2013 and ending at 11:59pm ET May 11, 2013. In voting online to determine the Grand Prize winner, no person shall be entitled to vote more than once. Sponsor’s computer will be the official clock for this Contest. Votes received after the above date and time will not be accepted.
a. One cash prize of five thousand dollars ($5,000) (the “Regional Prize”) will be awarded to each Nominated Mother designated as a Regional Winner.
b. One cash prize of an additional five thousand dollars ($5,000) (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded to the Nominated Mother designated as the Grand Prize Winner.
8. Taxes. The Regional Prize winners and Grand Prize winner are responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. As required by federal law, Sponsor will report the names of such winners and the value of the prize won by the winner to the Internal Revenue Service.
9. Additional Conditions. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, a winner may forfeit any prize won and an alternate winner will be selected. Each Entrant agrees to, accepts and shall abide by these Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, rule interpretation or award of any prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of any winner(s) or prize(s). Use of any automated entry software is prohibited. Mechanically reproduced or faxed entries are void. Sponsor and any telephone network or service providers are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, human, printing or other errors, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, inability to access any web site or online service, or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest, or any other technical or other error or malfunction. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason Sponsor is unable to run this Contest as planned, or if any computer or web site associated with this Contest does not allow the proper playing of the Contest and the processing of Entries per these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is cancelled, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes, based on the judging criteria, from among all eligible, non-suspect, Entries received for the Contest prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. This Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserved the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such Entrant(s) responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Hold Harmless/Release. By participating, each Entrant agrees to hold harmless Sponsor, participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive and release such parties from any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional) arising out of or in connection with the Contest or acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, participation in any promotion-related activity, or participation in the promotion, whether under a theory of contract, torts (including, without limitation, negligence), warranty, or any other theory or cause of action.
11. Miscellaneous. Each Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in St. Louis County, Missouri, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances, will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions.
12. Winners List. To obtain a list of the Contest winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Osborn Barr, Attn: Nancy Hallahan, America’s Farmers Mom of the Year Winner List, 914 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63102.
13. Copy of Rules. To obtain a copy of the “Official Rules” for the Contest, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Osborn Barr, Nancy Hallahan, Attn: America’s Farmers Mom of the Year Rules, 914 Spruce Street, St. Louis, MO 63102.