Every year, Grow Ag Leaders awards more than $500,000 in scholarships to students studying in ag-related fields. In 2020, more than 350 scholarships totaling more than $500,000 will be awarded across the U.S.
Agriculture creates nearly 54,000 jobs each year, and almost half of these go unfilled. It’s up to farming communities to remind students that a career in ag is beneficial to both their own personal success stories and our growing population. Grow Ag Leaders asks farmers to endorse high school seniors or college students for a chance to win a $1,500 scholarship to support their higher education studies in ag-related fields. Applications are now open; follow the steps below to get started!
- Make sure you’re eligible!
- Be high school seniors or enrolled as full-time students in college.
- Plan to pursue a degree or certification in specific areas of agriculture and eligible majors (a complete list of areas/majors is available in the America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Program Overview ffa.org/scholarships
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain two endorsements from Eligible Farmers
- Students do not have to be FFA members to apply.
- Apply at ffa.org/scholarships
- Gather your farmer endorsements! To be considered, each applicant is required to receive endorsements from at least two local farmers. At the end of the application you’ll receive an application I.D. number to give to your endorsing farmer.
- Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Complete the process!
As the final step of the application process, eligible students will provide you with a unique application I.D. number and directions to complete the endorsement within the endorsement period.
To qualify as an Eligible Farmer for the Program, you must be:
- At least 21 years old
- Actively engaged in farming. A farmer is “actively engaged in farming” if he or she performs farming work, or hires and actively manages others who do so.
Upon receiving the endorsement code, visit FFA.org/scholarships to endorse your student before January 22, 2020. For more information, visit the FFA Farmer endorsement page.
Up to 352 scholarships will be awarded to students, with winning applications selected by the National FFA organization. Winners will be announced on the FFA website in spring, 2020.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Visit the FFA site to apply.
Since 2010, the America’s Farmers programs, sponsored by Bayer Fund, has awarded over $53 million to nonprofits, schools and ag youth across rural America.
Here’s what students are saying about the program.