Every year, Grow Ag Leaders awards more than $500,000 in scholarships to students studying in ag-related fields. In 2019, more than 350 scholarships totaling more than $500,000 will be awarded across the U.S.
The opportunities in agriculture are limitless. Grow Ag Leaders encourages high school seniors to college juniors to apply for a $1,500 scholarship to support their higher education in ag-related fields of study. Applications are now open; follow the steps below to get started!
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Visit the FFA site to apply.
- Make sure you’re eligible! Students must:
- Be high school seniors or enrolled as full-time students in college.
- Plan to pursue a degree or certification in specific areas of agriculture and eligible majors (a complete list of areas/majors is available in the America’s Farmers Grow Ag Leaders Program Overview.
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Obtain two endorsements from Eligible Farmers
- Students do not have to be FFA members to apply.
- Apply at https://www.ffa.org/scholarships
- Gather your farmer endorsements! To be considered, each applicant is required to receive endorsements from at least two local farmers. Once you complete the application, each farmer will receive an email containing instructions for completing the endorsement form. If the farmer does not have an email address, you can print the instructions and deliver them to the farmer.
- Questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Complete the process!
As the final step of the new online scholarship application process, eligible students will create an endorsement request for you using your name and email address. You will receive an email containing instructions for completing the online farmer endorsement form.
If you do not have an email address, the student will provide you with printed instructions that will walk you through the process. No Internet service? No problem! Farmers can call 855-332-2577 to submit an endorsement using the printed information provided by the student. All forms must be completed by February 13, 2019.
To qualify as an Eligible Farmer for the Program, you must be:
- At least 21 years old
- Actively engaged in farming. A farmer is “actively engaged in farming” if he or she performs farming work, or hires and actively manages others who do so.
Up to 352 scholarships will be awarded to students, with winning applications selected by the National FFA organization. Winners will be announced on the FFA website spring of 2019.
Know a college student studying agriculture?
Download Information about our scholarship program.
With the help of farmers, each year more than $528,000 in Grow Ag Leaders scholarships are awarded to students in rural America.
Here’s what students are saying about the program.