NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. THIS PROGRAM IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
1. Program Entry Period: Entries for America’s Farmers Grow Communities (“Program”) must be received between 8:00 a.m. Central Time on August 1, 2019 and 5:00 p.m. Central Time on November 1, 2019 (the “Program Entry Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Program is open to Eligible Farmers.
Farmer Eligibility – An Eligible Farmer must: 1) be 21 years of age or older at time of enrollment and 3) be actively engaged in farming, in the continental United States, a minimum of 250 acres of one or more crops. A farmer is “actively engaged in farming” if he or she performs the work on the farm or hires and actively manages others who do so.
Eligible Charities – In order to be eligible to receive a grant under the Program (a “Grant”), the charity selected by an entrant (a “Charity”) must be a tax-exempt public charity, meaning that the Charity must be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) or as a “unit of government” under Section 170(c)(1). Section 501(c)(3) is a section of the Internal Revenue Code that establishes criteria for tax-exempt charitable organizations. Section 170(c)(1) refers to agencies that conduct business to benefit the public at large, such as public schools, libraries and municipalities. As a rule, the Program does not provide grants to: religious organizations; veterans organizations, political groups; fraternal organizations; or any charity that discriminates against any individual by virtue of his or her race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (real or perceived), or any characteristic protected by applicable United States federal or state law.
Individuals Not Eligible to Participate – The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the Program: (i) officers, directors, and employees of Bayer Fund (the “Sponsor”), or of any of its representatives or advertising/promotion agencies, or any of their spouses, children, or household members; (ii) officers, directors and employees, of Bayer Corporation, or of any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, or any of their spouses, children, or household members; and (iii) officers, directors and employees of any seed dealer, or any of their spouses, children, or household members.
3. How Farmers Enter:No purchase is necessary to enter or win. There are multiple ways for an Eligible Farmer to enter the Program, as described below. Entries may only be made according to the procedures described in these Official Rules.
A) Eligible Farmers may enter the Program online, visit comand submit an entry during the Program Entry Period; or
B) Eligible Farmers may enter the Program by phone, call 1-877-267-3332 and answer all required registration information questions during the Program Entry Period.
All entrants are required to provide all required registration information (including, without limitation, your name, address and other contact information). All entries must be completed within the Program Entry Period to be eligible to win. Any entries received after the end of the Program Entry Period will not be accepted. All submissions become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Limit one entry per person, regardless of method of entry. Entries in excess of this limit are void.
4. Grants: Grants will be awarded based on the number of designated grants in each state (see List of Designated Grants by State in section 13 of these Official Rules). Farmer winners will be selected from each state for which at least one eligible entry is received from an Eligible Farmer who resides or farms in such state, and the Sponsor will award each farmer winner the right to select an eligible Charity to receive a $2,500 Grant.
Winning farmers must select an eligible Charity in the county in which the winner resides or farms.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received for each state. All details about the Grants not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. No entrant may win more than once, and no entrant may enter in more than one state.
The Grants are not transferrable. No substitution of a Grant, or any portion thereof, is allowed, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
5. Use of a Grant:A Charity that receives a Grant must provide the Sponsor with notice of how the Charity proposes to use the Grant. The Grant must be used by the Charity to improve local communities and organizations within the county where the winning farmer farms or resides.
Grants may not be used for any of the following: (a) individual aid or personal support; (b) underwriting deficits; (c) fraternal, labor or veterans’ organizations, unless the project benefits the general public; (d) benefits, dinners or advertisements; (e) religious, politically partisan, or similar groups; (g) endowments; (h) activities that directly support marketing programs; or (i) projects in which Bayer Fund, Bayer Corporation or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates has a financial interest, or from which either one could derive a financial benefit. Determinations of whether the proposed use of funds meets the criteria described herein shall be made in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Winner Selection:On or about November 15, 2019 a computer program will be used to randomly select winning farmers. Winning farmers will be notified by phone in November and December 2019 and officially announced in January 2020 at AmericasFarmers.com.
7. Conditions of Participation:By participating in the Program, each Eligible Farmer agrees as follows: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules which are final and binding in all respects, and to comply with all decisions of the Sponsor with regard to the Official Rules; (c) to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; and (d) that Missouri law, without regard to its conflict of laws principles, shall apply exclusively to the Program and Official Rules and that any dispute with respect to the Program and/or these Official Rules shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of Missouri, County of St. Louis.
By participating in the Program, each Eligible Farmer, except where legally prohibited, without additional compensation: (a) grants permission for the Sponsor, and those acting pursuant to the Sponsor’s direction, to use his or her name, home town name, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, biographical information, and comments made in connection with the Program in any and all advertising and promotional materials, worldwide, and/or on the Internet, including social media, relating to the Program, and similar programs which may be offered by the Sponsor; (b) agrees that the Sponsor may make slight stylistic modifications to his or her comments, which do not materially alter the original meaning; (c) waives any right to review or approve any such use; (d) agrees that all media or other materials created by the Sponsor are the property of the Sponsor, including but not limited to any copyright therein; and (e) agrees that the release of information about being chosen as a winner, including dissemination to the public through any channels, may be made by the Sponsor; and (f) releases the Sponsor from any and all claims for libel, copyright, invasion of privacy or rights of publicity pertaining to such use.
8. Use of Information: Information provided by Eligible Farmers and eligible charities to the Sponsor or any third party acting on Sponsor’s behalf, will be used to communicate with Eligible Farmers and eligible charities in relation to the Program. This information may include, but is not limited to, name, address, phone number and e-mail address. Eligible Farmers may choose not to receive future communications regarding the Program by calling 1-877-267-3332.
9. General:The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the printing or offering of the Program, or in the description of any grant or in any other materials produced in connection with the Program. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, garbled, misrouted, damaged, distorted, late, stolen or misdirected entry forms, whether submitted online or by mail. To the extent there is any conflict and/or inconsistency between any communications and/or materials regarding the Program or any Grant, and the Official Rules, the Official Rules will control.
The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Program.
Uses of automated devices are not valid for submission of entries and will subject the user to immediate disqualification. In the event of termination of the Program, a notice will be posted online at Monsantofund.org and AmericasFarmers.com
Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which, in its opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, threatens the safety or well being of any entrant, or if it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Further, the Sponsor may disqualify any person based upon suspected fraud, dishonesty, violation of rules or other misconduct. Entrants must comply with all rules as published.
The Program is subject to all applicable federal, and/or state rules and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
10. Release.By participating in the Program, each entrant agrees to release the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees and agencies, and Bayer Corporation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agencies, from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the entrant’s participation in the Program.
11. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Program is Bayer Fund, 800 North Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, Missouri 63167.
12. Winners List/Official Rules: To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or a list of the winners, visit AmericasFarmers.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to America’s Farmers Grow Communities Official Rules, 800 North Lindbergh Blvd. B2NA St. Louis, Missouri 63167.
13. List of Designated Grants by State :
Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Nebraska will each receive 80 grants.
Indiana, Kansas, Missouri and Texas will each receive 60 grants.
North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin will each receive 40 grants.
Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee will each receive 20 grants.
Alabama, California, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Maryland, New York, South Carolina, and Virginia will each receive 10 grants.
Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Montana, and Washington will each receive 2 grants.
Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming will each receive 1 grant.